Raising funds for orphans in Zambia
All the work of The Butterfly Tree is aimed at improving the lives of vulnerable and orphaned children. Since the charity started we have helped thousands of children in remote villages but many more are suffering as a result of the HIV and AIDS pandemic, poverty and malaria.
During the build up to Christmas we are increasing our efforts to raise further funds and there are two ways you can help:
- Double your donation – Through the Big Give Challenge (5-7th Dec)
- Buy a charity calendar – All funds go directly to the cause.
Double Your Donation
December is the time to donate to The Butterfly Tree as if you donate via The Big Give Challenge we can double your donation.
How does it work?
Between the 5th to 7th December we need to raise £10,000 via The Big Give – if we reach this amount during that period our donations will be doubled to £20,000 – so we need your help.
- When – 10am or as close to 10am as possible on the 5th, 6th, 7th December – as the donations close once an amount is reached.
- Where – to The Butterfly Tree’s ‘Orphan Support’ project on the Big Give website
- How – on line using a credit or debit card on the Big Give website
If you would like us to keep you posted re The Big Give Challenge and when to donate drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To highlight our work during the year and raise funds once again we have produced our lovely desk top calendar – on sale at just £4 plus postage.
The calendar is designed by Morphity Ltd and each page is sponsored, enabling all printing costs to be covered and all proceeds raised from buying a calendar go directly to the cause.
Big thank you to the following companies for their generous sponsorship:
- Cunninghams - Epos Cash Registers
- Morphity - Website and Systems Development
- LCR Systems - Epos and Pos Systems
- Casio UK
- Executive Futures - Recruitment Consultants
- The Fell Group
- INTL Global Currencies
- Debt Clear Assoc - Debt Recovery Specialist and Insolvency Consultant
- Black and White Accounting
- Traditional Conservatories - Conservatories, Orangeries and Bespoke Joinery
To purchase the calendar follow this link to buy online or email email@example.com
Joshua Muumba was so young when he lost his parents that he cannot remember them. Sent to Mukuni from the Western Province Joshua lives with his grandmother who struggled to pay his schools fees. For the past few years Joshua has been on the orphan sponsorship programme and is presently sitting grade nine exams for entry to Mukuni High School. Though Joshua is not highly academic he has excelled in music and leads the Mukuni Basic Choir as a skilled singer, songwriter and conductor. Providing these orphans with an education gives them hope for a better future.
Currently volunteering in Zambia to help with the orphans are Emma Kennedy and Jess Varley, who recently completed a 50 kilometres sponsored walk from Mukuni to Zwanga Village and back. This is a route that children walk daily to receive an education. Doing this challenging walk in the Zambian heat Emma and Jess have raised substantial funds for our projects.
Last week one of our main volunteers, Mutsa Marau, arrived in Zambia to continue her ‘Catch me I’m a Butterfly Tree” project which provides peer education for HIV prevention - an invaluable part of our work with orphans. In addition Mutsa will be holding sex education workshops in an attempt to reduce the number of teenage pregnancies.
There are lots of ways to help The ButterflyTree and every pound donated makes a difference to the lives of those in need in Zambia.