Thank you for choosing to make a donation to The Butterfly Tree. We use Mydonate, a secure on line facility with British Telecom and 100% commission free.
MyDonate don’t charge charities any registration or subscription fees, or take any commission on donations, aside from the credit and debit card fees, every penny donated goes straight to charity.
The following credit cards are accepted: Visa Debit/Delta, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch and Delta.
Sponsor a Particular Project
If you would like to direct where your money goes, please contact us, these are examples of what your donation could do:
- Sponsor an orphan – £110 ($170) per year or £10.00 per month for UK donors
- Donate a text book £5- £8
- Donate four mosquito nets £20 – $30
- Donate vegetable seeds and fertiliser for schools £10 ($15)
- Donate a bag a maize £10 – $15
- Donate a blanket £15 – $23
- Donate a wheelchair to a rural clinic or school £200 – $300
- Donate a bicycle for clinical worker £70 – $105
- Donate a football, netball, volleyball with HIV/AIDS awareness logo £10 – $15
- Build a home for a family for £400 – $600
- Build a pit-latrine toilet for £650 – $1000
- Fund a bore hole for a entire community for £4,000 – $6,000
- Build a classroom from £5000 – £20000, $7,500 – $30,000
- Build a teacher’s house £10,000 – $16,000
- Build a clinic from £10,000 – $15,000
Other ways to donate:
We are also registered with British Telecom should you wish to set up a fundraising page, this is a free service, only cards fees will be deducted from the amount you raise, please contact us for further details.
We do accept cheques, which should be made payable to The Butterfly Tree and sent to 3 Gannaway Court, Norton Lindsey, Warwick CV35 8JR.
Follow the link to sponsor an orphan or to sponsor a specific project please send an email to email@example.com or telephone Jane Kaye-Bailey on 44 (0) 1926 843699 and we will forward the details.
Tax deductible 501 (c) 3 for American Donors
US citizens can make a donation to our orphan support, malaria prevention and Seeds for Life projects, featured on US GlobalGiving – please note that they deduct a 15% administration fee
The Gift Aid scheme allows charitable and non-profit organisations to reclaim the basic rate income tax from Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs. As a rough guide this means that for every pound donated to charities, an extra 28 pence can be claimed.
Am I eligible to Gift Aid my donation?
Firstly, you must be a resident in the UK. (You also qualify if you are Crown servants or members of the UK armed forces serving overseas.) You must pay enough UK income tax and/or capital gains tax to cover the amount of tax the charity will reclaim. You must complete The Butterfly Tree ‘s Gift Aid declaration form. This happens automatically when you donate to The Butterfly Tree online. If you are sending a cheque or bank transfer you can download a GIFT AID FORM and once completed email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Gift Aid, please visit the HMRC site.