Fundraising can be a fun approach to helping a particular cause you care about and a way of giving something back. Whether you are an individual or a group it can be rewarding to know that your hard earned efforts are going to help those less fortunate. The Butterfly Tree raises its funds through grants, sponsorship, corporates, clubs, schools, individuals and initiatives.
The Butterfly Tree has earned a sound reputation for best utilising donor funds, for getting things done and for sending regular feedback to our donors and sponsors. If you would like to get involved in fundraising here are some examples of ways this can be done:
- Hosting a function – dinner, music event, auction of promise or a party
- Holding a raffle, selling donated items, donating to registered on line websites such as Ebay for Charities and everyclick
- Holding ‘no’ uniform days at school or work
- Shop on line and raise money for The Butterfly Tree through Give as you Live
- Participating in a sporting event – marathons, cycling, swimming, walks, climbing expeditions
Anyone wishing to get involved can have their own ‘live’ page to raise funds for an event or function using Mydonate, facilitated by British Telecom or Just Giving, who take donations including ‘gift aid’ on our behalf. Mydonate is totally free whereas Just Giving deduct a 5% administration fee from Gift Aid and charge the charity £18 per month for the facility.
We can provide you with advertising material and information about specific projects you wish to donate to. No matter how small raising funds can help buy essential items such as exercises books, seeds for schools and vital mosquito nets. Larger donations can go towards building community houses and classrooms for schools or to sponsor an orphan.
For our US supporters we have partnered with GlobalGiving, which has a 501 (c) 3 certificate. Our orphan support project gives a chance for you to raise funds and donate to the projects that involve the orphans.
For further information or to request advertising material contact us.