Thank you for choosing to make a donation to The Butterfly Tree.
There are a number of ways you can donate, including one with a 501 (c) 3 for US donors:
1. Kindlink – This is our preferred method, see above form – no administration fees are taken by this facilitator. Good for both one-off and monthly donations and accepts Gift Aid. Kindlink also have gives you a option to have your onlin fundraising page.
2. Paypal Giving Fund – a 100% free facility from PayPal for charities, and accepts Gift Aid for UK donors and 501 (c) for US donors.
3. Paypal – You can also donate directly through PayPal (they will deduct a 1.4% charity rate), payments need to be made to email@example.com
4. Donations can also be paid directly into our bank account and via standing orders for regular donors – please contact us for details.
Sponsor a Particular Project
If you would like to select where your money goes, please contact us. These are examples of what your donation could do:
- Sponsor an orphan – £110 ($150) per year or £10.00 per month for UK donors
- Donate a text book £5 – £8 ($7 – $10)
- Donate four mosquito nets £20 – $25
- Donate vegetable seeds and fertiliser for schools £10 ($13)
- Donate a bag a maize £5 – $7
- Donate a blanket £10 – $13
- Donate a wheelchair to a rural clinic or school £100 – $130
- Donate a bicycle for clinical worker £50 – $65
- Donate a hard wearing football or netball £20- $26
- Build a home for a family for £200 – $260
- Build a pit-latrine toilet for £650 – $850
- Fund a borehole for a entire community or school from £2,500 – $3,300
- Build a classroom block from £10,000 – £25,000, $13,000 – $32,500
- Build a teacher’s house £7,000 – $9,100
- Build a clinic from £15,000 – $20,000
Other ways to donate:
We also accept cheques, which should be made payable to The Butterfly Tree and sent to 6 Walnut Tree Close, Banstead, Surrey SM7 1QT.
Tax deductible 501 (c) 3 for American Donors
US citizens can make a donation to our orphan support, malaria prevention and Seeds for Life projects, featured on US GlobalGiving – please note that they deduct a 5% administration fee. We can also accept gifts from DAFs (Donor-advised funds) via GlobalGiving.
Alternatively Paypal Giving Fund – a 100% free facility from PayPal for charities, and has the tax facility.
The Gift Aid scheme allows charitable and non-profit organisations to reclaim the basic rate income tax from Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs. As a rough guide this means that for every pound donated to charities, an extra 25 pence can be claimed.
Am I eligible to Gift Aid my donation?
Firstly, you must be a resident in the UK. (You also qualify if you are Crown servants or members of the UK armed forces serving overseas.) You must pay enough UK income tax and/or capital gains tax to cover the amount of tax the charity will reclaim. You must complete The Butterfly Tree ‘s Gift Aid declaration form. This happens automatically when you donate to The Butterfly Tree online. If you are sending a cheque or bank transfer you can download a GIFT AID FORM and once completed email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Gift Aid, please visit the HMRC site.