- The Butterfly Tree’s aim is to support orphans and vulnerable people living in some of the poorest areas of the world. We are all volunteers dedicated to improving the lives of those less fortunate than we are.
Our reward is to see children having access to safe clean water, feeding programmes, better education and adequate healthcare.
Nothing we do is for our benefit, though being nominated, shortlisted or actually receiving an reward gives a huge boost to the charity. It can also strengthen a grant application or attract the attention of potential donors when our cause and work has been recognised.
The Butterfly Tree and Trustees have received the following awards and accolades:
- 2020 – Volunteering Abroad Specialist of the year for the United Kingdom.
- 2020 – The Founder was selected as a finalist of the CIM ‘Marketer of the Year’ Awards.
- 2018 – The Founder received the Prime Minister’s Points of Life Award for her work with orhans and malaria prevention.
- 2018 – Runner-up in the AidEx Innovation Challenge for our malaria prevention initiative.
- 2017 – The Founder was a finalist at the AidEx Global Humanitarian Award.
- 2012 – Visit from The Princess Royal as part of Her Majesty, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee visits to Commonwealth countries.
- 2012 – Shortlisted for the Best Responsible Tourism Website.
- 2007 – Finalist for the Best New Charity of the Year.